No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-07-04T13:55:20+00:00

    Displaying the e-mail you are composing in a separate window works around the issue. See previous replies in the thread, especially Kolchak63's reply on the first page of this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/outlk_win-outtop_new-outsub_ofh/no-spelling-suggestions-in-the-right-click-menu/2f54d6e4-2b40-4a68-a201-5ca9a095aacf?page=1).

    Report this issue, if you haven't already done that, to Microsoft via Help > Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T11:46:10+00:00

    Partially works for me - thank you very much. Black marks for MIcrosoft which is forcing a badly made product on us That setting is way too obscure for me to normally find without help. And there seems to be no informatiion from MIcrosoft to help on this which is rubbish given that they charge you for keeping 365 up to date as part of annual cost

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T01:04:48+00:00

    Thank you! This fixed my issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T02:11:55+00:00

    My employer blocks the connected experience setting, so your workaround is the only way that has worked for me. Thank you!

    It's an annoying bug that significantly impacts productivity

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-23T17:52:21+00:00

    Left click does work on my computer, nor right click nor finding any of the settings to change it. I did see one person said it works if you open the email in a new window and that worked. Poor planning!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments