No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T14:04:33+00:00

    Spot on, left click the word-dumb me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-09-05T19:21:54+00:00

    This did not work. There are no spelling suggestions from left or right click.

    If you display the e-mail you are composing in a separate window, it will work. See replies from other contributors in this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T15:16:10+00:00

    This did not work. There are no spelling suggestions from left or right click.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-18T14:42:08+00:00

    Following Carlos986's suggestion fixed part of my problem. I am now able to right click and find the suggested correction if I popup the email in a new window. However, for the main window, it still doesn't work. But at least I have some workaround. Thanks!

    I am also wondering if this is because my organization is managing some of the options in the setting. I only see the choice of "Turn on optional connected experiences" but not the "Turn on experiences that download online content" option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T19:58:06+00:00

    Great It Worked for me with left click

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments