No spelling suggestions in the right-click menu (New Outlook for Windows)

Anonymous
2024-01-18T13:58:51+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have had the same issue, but I have the Office 365 Outlook app actually loaded on my computer.

It happened when I switched to the new view of Outlook. I am ready to switch back to the old view due to this feature not working. I use it all the time.

It shows the spelling error, but does not provide spelling suggestions in the right click pop up menu.

I checked the editor settings and these are all turned on. I also restarted the application.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:31:50+00:00

    I was only able to get as far as Privacy and Data. There isn't an option for Privacy Settings. Privacy and Data shows Suggested people and Search History options. Tried searching Privacy Settings from the setting screen and the drop down only shows Pop-out settings and Group settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-23T17:52:21+00:00

    Left click does work on my computer, nor right click nor finding any of the settings to change it. I did see one person said it works if you open the email in a new window and that worked. Poor planning!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T19:31:59+00:00

    After I opened an email in a separate window it worked and now it works all of the time.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T15:06:43+00:00

    Glad it helped, Jeffrey. I can't take full credit, though. I found that solution somewhere on the web, and thought I should repost it here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-07T19:54:16+00:00

    Right-clicking works here in the New Outlook for Windows. Left-clicking does not seem to work at the moment.

    I don't remember which version I used in July 2023.

    I am currently (April 7, 2024) on version 1.2024.327.300 (Production). See the screen shot below.

    Image

    I recommend that you send feedback to Microsoft through Help > Feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments