How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T14:17:52+00:00

    Once again, Microsoft is making our lives miserable. New Outlook only imports .ics files. Old Outlook only exports .csv or .pst files. Anyway, an import will not import recurring appointments! WHAT IS THE INCENTIVE TO MOVE TO NEW OUTLOOK???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T14:57:05+00:00

    I wonder why they make an update and screw up parts of the application (not just this, but everything they've made since the beginning), without care. They made a great product, and the updates/versions totally corrupt them to the point I don't want to use them any longer. We bought a typewriter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T01:25:17+00:00

    I too am disgusted with the blatant disregard for the end-user and have finally switched to a Mac. If i am going to have to manually re-enter months and years of calendar entries, I might as well put them into a software product of a company that gives a damn about its customers. Adios Outlook and Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T02:49:28+00:00

    I found if I used the same email address for the new Outlook Calendar as I used for Windows Mail all my events migrated automatically on setup. However there were flaws with the Outlook Calendar and I definitely did not want Outlook as my third party email carrier. So I downloaded "One Calendar" by Microsoft, and again had no problem with migration of my events. While Calendar One is not as good as Windows Calendar it is close and is a much better solution for me than their Outlook software. I then uninstalled Windows Calendar and Outlook from my OS. Microsoft made all of this an unnecessary (and they don't care) issue for all of us, but it turned out they had a solution in Calendar One that allowed me to ditch their pushy upgrade idea. At least for now, until they decide to take this away from me as well. Then I'll find another solution. And it won't be Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T04:24:51+00:00

    Hi Steven, Thanks for contacting us, I understand that you want to migrate your calendar events from Windows 10 Calendar to the new Outlook for Windows. There is no direct way to do that. You have to export your calendar from Windows 10 Calendar and import it to Outlook. To export your calendar from Windows 10 Calendar, you can follow these steps: - Open the Calendar app and click on the gear icon at the bottom left corner. - Click on Manage Accounts and select the account that you want to export. - Click on Settings and sharing and then click on Export calendar. - Save the zip file to your computer and extract it. You should see an .ics file inside. To import your calendar to Outlook, you can follow these steps: - Open Outlook and click on File > Open & Export > Import/Export. - Select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) and click Next. - Browse to the .ics file that you extracted and click OK. - Select Open as New or Import depending on how you want to add the calendar. I hope this helps! Regards, Sola

    There is no "Export" option in the settings and sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments