How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T11:42:24+00:00

    {24-04-19 07:42 EDT}

    OK, Progress-- I see what you have shown! You have Outlook Calendar "Outlook": Version 1.2024.403.300 (Production), Client Version is 20240405002.17 like me. Do you have Win 10 Calendar "App": Version 16005.14326218540 like me.

    In Outlook, on the left side, click on the calendar icon to open your Outlook Calendar. Once you inform Outlook of your Microsoft Account name, it should retrieve your calendar entries from the App.

    1. Determine your Microsoft Account name by checking Win 10 Settings -> Accounts -> Manage my Microsoft account. What is it? Record your Microsoft Account name.
    2. So you want to migrate your calendar entries from Win 10 Calendar App "App" to Outlook Calendar "Calendar"? If so, then in App, select Settings -> Manage Accounts and record the Account information listed there. Switch App toggle to Calendar then select View -> Calendar Settings -> Accounts-> Manage (under Add Account). Does your Account in Calendar match that from App? Then select Import settings from Outlook for Windows. This should work. This is so easy but who knew what to do. Microsoft should have provided migration information.

    I hope this helps. If not, see below.

    ps. Have you checked the options in Import and export Outlook email, contacts, and calendar? As a last resort you could print all of your calendar entries to .pdf files for future reference, then manually copy the future entries to Outlook Calendar.

    pps. I suggest that you log in to the Feedback Hub and report this problem which many others may be experiencing. Subject: Migration from Win 10 Calendar App to Outlook Calendar 2024.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T12:10:12+00:00

    {24-04-19 08:10 EDT}

    Ronda,

    Sorry for your problem.

    OK, so if you have Win 10 Calendar "App": Version 16005.14326218540 like me. You want to migrate your calendar(s) to Outlook "Outlook": Version 1.2024.403.300 (Production), Client Version is 20240405002.17 like me.

    In Outlook Calendar, select Settings -> Calendar -> Shared Calendars -> Share a calendar. Select a calendar from drop-down list. then click Share button then type the email calendar account(s) that you want to share. This worked for me.

    I have five Outlook email accounts and I use one account as a Master, then the other four are Sub-master calendars and are shared with the Master calendar and are displayed in different colors. The Sub-master calendars are for Personal, Hobby, Medical & Financial, and Business. With this arrangement, I can add entries from an individual calendar or from within Outlook. I use the color coding to see the entries for the category that I am interested in. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T12:33:44+00:00

    Fail.

    In Outlook Calendar, select Settings -> Calendar -> Shared Calendars -> Share a calendar.

    There is no "Shared Calenders" after Settings/Calendar.

    Please take me off the list for the dozens of erroneous fixes I've now received.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T13:25:48+00:00

    {24-04-19 09:25 EDT

    As a last resort, you may want to check with your local computer shop for help. The owner or a technician may be able to give you a quote to solve your Outlook Calendar Migration problem. Then I suggest that you also obtain a quote from Best Buy. In the past, a friend paid $129 for an annual subscription at Best Buy and had free services on her smartphone and laptops (2) for the year.

    I would not want to lose 6 years of past and future calendar entries due to a botched migration between Apps. How much is your free time and increased anxiety worth? Compare the two quotes with the subscription cost then choose one. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T13:26:40+00:00

    {24-04-19 09:25 EDT

    As a last resort, you may want to check with your local computer shop for help. The owner or a technician may be able to give you a quote to solve your Outlook Calendar Migration problem. Then I suggest that you also obtain a quote from Best Buy. In the past, a friend paid $129 for an annual subscription at Best Buy and had free services on her smartphone and laptops (2) for the year.

    I would not want to lose 6 years of past and future calendar entries due to a botched migration between Apps. How much is your free time and increased anxiety worth? Compare the two quotes with the subscription cost then choose one. Good Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments