How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T19:30:49+00:00

    I tried all of the suggestions on this thread with no luck because I either didn't have the options that others had to perform the suggestions or they just weren't working. I didn't have an export option in the settings and sharing either. What finally worked for me is:

    1. Login to your Outlook on Outlook Live: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/outlook/log-in
    2. Click the settings cog on the top right and click on "Calendar" then click on "Shared Calendars".
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom and click on the ICS link. A box will pop up with copy link and download options. Click on "Download" and save the ICS file to your desktop.
    4. After the ICS file is downloaded, create a new email in Outlook to yourself and attach the ICS file to that email.
    5. Open the new Outlook app on Windows and when you receive the email, click on the dropdown menu on the ICS attachment and select "Add to Calendar". Your events will now be added to the new calendar.

    I know it sounds like an annoying workaround, but it's simple and it works so that's all that matters. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-18T00:43:20+00:00

    I tried to migrate to the new outlook from Outlook 2016 but the new outlook is so lame compared to the ease and utility of the old program that I immediately gave up on it. I will have to use Outlook 2016 without email and without synchronizing but it is a price I'm willing to pay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-01T22:14:19+00:00

    In the new Outlook there is no File tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T12:53:13+00:00

    Yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can't even get into the Calendar App to even try and transfer anything. How about Microsoft be smart and don't give changes when not needed? Now I have to spend at least an hour hand typing everything again or just try and find a different app to do it under. Admit it, Microsoft was too lazy to make this a functional option and wanted to make everything complicated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more