How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T15:35:36+00:00

    I am using Windows mail version 16005.14326.21854.0. There is no version number to be found anywhere in Outlook, but it is the very latest version that Microsoft keeps forcing me to switch to. Looks like it is part of Office 365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T15:02:21+00:00

    How is this sharing done? I can't find any way.

    If Microsoft were trying to frustrate the import of Apple data you would at least understand their motives, but the creation of an Outlook calendar that can't import data from another recent Microsoft application is mind-bogglingly incompetent.

    {24-04-11 @ 11:02 EST}

    Calendar Versions

    1. Win 10 Calendar: Version 16005.14326218540
    2. Outlook Version 1.2024.403.300 (Production), Client Version is 20240329006.14
    3. Outlook 2016 for Windows: Version ?
    4. Part of Microsoft 365: Version ?

    Outlook for Windows: The Future of Mail, Calendar, and People on Windows 11

    Note:

    While Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 supports Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 accounts, they are separate applications from Outlook or Outlook.com.

    While in my Outlook.live account, I can share calendars from Settings -> Calendar -> Shared Calendars.

    In Gmail -- Calendar, you can Export/Import calendars from Settings.

    Which version of Outlook are you using? I have access to Versions 1 &2, but Versions 1 & 2 do not support Export/Import.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T14:56:52+00:00

    {24-04-11 @ 10:56 EST}

    Jim, thanks for your reply.

    I am glad the migration worked automatically for you as it did for me (after Sharing calendars). This might be what Microsoft was expecting but it did not work for everyone. Some users are really angry with Microsoft. I think that Microsoft should have provided a link to migrate information from the various versions of Outlook in the wild. Happy calendaring!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T13:29:47+00:00

    How is this sharing done? I can't find any way.

    If Microsoft were trying to frustrate the import of Apple data you would at least understand their motives, but the creation of an Outlook calendar that can't import data from another recent Microsoft application is mind-bogglingly incompetent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T18:39:26+00:00

    Hello Joules, I did pretty much the same thing except I found all of my Windows Calendar events had been shared with my GMAIL (not Outlook) calendar. I did export that calendar to my windows "My Documents" folder in the form of an .ics file. When I then later allowed the new Outlook calendar to install, it apparently found all those events this time and had them in place without me having to manually import them.

    Still I went back to Windows calendar because I like it's look, as I have it set up, better. In the Outlook calendar I got rid of the 'calendar pane' and the 'events pane' because they made things look too busy for my tastes. Yet when I closed out of Outlook calendar and later opened it, it had those two panes showing again by default. If they ever fix that I may remain with Outlook next time they push it on me, but not until I have to. Microsoft's techs obviously do not think like we do, or do not care, until we let them know whassup!? ;-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments