How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:46:13+00:00

    {24-04-14 10:46 EST}

    You are welcome. Glad to try to help you. Sorry for your problem. I had the same sinking feeling that I had lost all of my past and future calendar entries when Microsoft automatically switched me to Outlook Calendar without my permission. But, I soon saw the switchback Toggle button which returned me to the Win 10 Calendar App. Now, I switch back and forth repeatedly to check out and verify the migration.

    Still, I am surprised that selecting Import settings from Outlook for Windows did not work. Have you added your Microsoft Account as displayed in Windows 10 Settings to the Outlook Calendar?

    Have you checked the options in Import and export Outlook email, contacts, and calendar? As a last resort you could print all of your calendar entries to .pdf files for future reference, then manually copy the future entries to Outlook Calendar.

    Best of luck.

    ps. I suggest that you log in to the Feedback Hub and report this problem which many others may be experiencing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T09:25:18+00:00

    I really appreciate all the time you've spent trying to help me, but none of this is working. It all relates to the email account, which is already perfectly transferred - and does nothing for the calendar. I have followed your instructions to the letter where possible. I'm beginning to feel desperate.

    I would happily migrate to the new Outlook, as the Windows Mail app is very unsatisfactory, but I can't lose all the calendar data. That covers everything I've done for the last four years and everything I need to do in the next four months. Is it really possible that in Windows Mail Microsoft created a calender that is unexportable?

    My only option for now is to stick with Window Mail, but there will apparently be a forcible transfer to Outlook this year. Does that mean that in the coming months at some point I will suddenly lose all of my calendar data anyway and there is nothing I can do about it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T15:58:44+00:00

    {24-04-13 11:58 EST}

    John,

    Do you want to migrate your calendar entries from Win 10 Calendar App "App" to Outlook Calendar "Calendar"? Which version of Outlook are you migrating from and then to? Check Note 2 in my Reply to Caspersozza. Do not share personal information like Usernames.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T15:46:29+00:00

    Thanks Joules.

    BTinternet has a calendar app but I've never used it.

    My calendar app is the one in the Win 10 Windows Mail app. I created it in that app, and it appears to have no export feature. There is a sync feature, but that doesn't do anything.

    There must be a way of getting data from one Windows calendar to another.

    {24-04-13 11:46 EST}

    So you want to migrate your calendar entries from Win 10 Calendar App "App" to Outlook Calendar "Calendar"? If so, then in App, select Settings -> Manage Accounts and record the Account information listed there. Switch App toggle to Calendar then select View -> Calendar Settings -> Accounts-> Manage (under Add Account)[1]. Does your Account in Calendar match that from App? Then select Import settings from Outlook for Windows. This should work. This is so easy but who knew what to do. Microsoft should have provided migration information.

    Notes:

     [1]  Or you could just select Settings on the top menu

     [2]  Check Win 10 Settings -> Accounts -> Manage my Microsoft account. What is it? Does it match the above calendar Accounts? Without using an email calendar account, you are using your Microsoft account to store the calendar entries. Once you inform Outlook of your Account, it should retrieve your calendar entries from the App.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T19:09:33+00:00

    Jules,

    How did you share the calendars, exactly? I've migrated from an older version of Outlook to this latest garbage, and my backup files don't appear to work, etc. Apparently, the backups for calendar don't backup unless it's on the web, and we don't do that here.

    Thanks

    {24-04-10 08:11 EST}

    Here is what worked for me.

    "Subject: Migration from Win 10 Calendar App to Outlook Calendar 2024

    {24-04-09 @ 16:08 EST}

    Update: Solved problem myself by sharing calendars from Outlook email accounts in Win 10 Calendar App. No Export/Import of entries is required as suggested by Independent Advisor, shollybee, in Microsoft Community. Those Advisor instructions sent me on a wild goose chase wasting much of my time because no Export feature is available. The lesson learned is to be careful whom you choose for advice!"

    Outlook Calendar is worth switching (forced in 2024) from the Win 10 Calendar App, but Outlook Calendar does have bugs that I discovered and reported; i.e., "Outlook Calendar Agenda Pane Problem."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments