How do I migrate my calendar events to the new Outlook from Windows 10 calendar?

Anonymous
2023-10-28T23:57:28+00:00

I toggled the switch for “New Outlook," but none of the events from my Windows 10 Calendar appear on the new Outlook calendar. How do I migrate the "old" calendar: to the new Outlook calendar?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-16T12:18:52+00:00

    I don't know why there wouldn't have been an option to merge/import events on previous calendars as soon as the new opens. This is very time consuming to expect the consumer to take the time when you could have created something that was seamless, something that had an option that says, would you like to import to the new Outlook from Windows.

    very disappointed and dissatisfied

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T19:36:55+00:00

    Update: Maybe a solution:

    (If you have already installed Outlook, skip to steps 4 and 5 and export, then import whatever events you have in Gmails Google calendar (hopefully there are still some synced events there from old windows calendar)

    1. In windows calendar click on the 'gear' icon at bottom left. A menu pops up on the right with 'Manage Accounts' as first selection.
    2. Click on 'Manage Accounts' then click on your account.
    3. A window for syncing windows calendar events with Gmails/Google calendar is provided. Click on that option to sync events. (This ensures all your events are saved.)
    4. Then go to settings in Gmail's Google calendar and export Gmail's calendar events (those synced from windows calendar) to your PC's desktop or wherever you choose.
    5. This should then be available to import once you have installed Outlook.

    **I have yet to do the import because I have not yet installed Outlook. But if any of what Shollybee say's above is correct then Outlook should have an import option in it's settings for grabbing the calendar events you have exported and saved to your PC/Laptop.

    IF THIS DOESN'T WORK THEN IT CAN'T BE DONE, IMMHO. Don't blame me ;-)

    Hello Todd,

    I have the same issue. Microsoft keeps nagging me to update to the new Outlook Calendar so I did and lost all my events. I restored Windows 11 to an earlier date to get my old calendar with all my events back. I followed their instructions above to no avail. I keep putting off the update, but they will eventually force it on me and I'll be screwed, and will have to reenter everything. Daily, weekly, monthy and yearly events. Thank you once again Microsoft. I have hard copied everything to my phone calendar to copy back, If I got it all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T03:34:54+00:00

    Your instructions are wrong, how about you tell us the right way to do it or at least admit there is no way to do it. Some of us have trusted Microsoft Calendar, and we need to move our data to another online calendar. Even the items on the gmail account do not show up in the gmail calendar. What is the deal here?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T04:32:10+00:00

    There is no export option on the DELL PC Windows 10 version of outlook. Is there another solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T23:06:13+00:00

    There is no export option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments