I am unable to login to my UNISA Microsoft account as the 2 factor authentication is linked to a cellphone number that I do not use. Any advice would be much appreciated

Anonymous
2023-12-29T07:38:26+00:00

I am attempting to login to my UNISA Microsoft Outlook account as the 2 factor authentication is linked to a cellphone number that I do not have access to. Any advice would be much appreciated

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For education

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-29T08:13:50+00:00

    Dear Justin,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    Based on your description,you're having trouble signing in to your University account. Since you could not use your old phone number, you're unable to use your authenticator app or receive a code via SM. The best way is to reset your MFA option, so that you can re-configure it with a new phone number when you login the next time.

    Please refer to the inofrmation below:

    Since the education accounts are manged by the tenant admins(IT department) in the schools/collages/Universities, please contact your administrator to follow the steps in Manage authentication methods for Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication - Microsoft Sign In | Microsoft Learn to reset your MFA option. After reseting, you would be required to set the MFA again when you login to O365 Portal.

    For your reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.

    If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T08:22:49+00:00

    Hi,

    I am a similar issue whereby I am not receiving the code. Did anyone succeed with logging into myunisa?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T14:49:10+00:00

    Good day Justin,

    Were you perhaps successful with sorting this matter out?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T08:32:01+00:00

    I will only be going to my University on the 19th of January to attempt to resolve. I will update if I am successful or not then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:00:27+00:00

    Dear Justin,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    Based on your description,you're having trouble signing in to your University account. Since you could not use your old phone number, you're unable to use your authenticator app or receive a code via SM. The best way is to reset your MFA option, so that you can re-configure it with a new phone number when you login the next time.

    Please refer to the inofrmation below:

     

    Since the education accounts are manged by the tenant admins(IT department) in the schools/collages/Universities, please contact your administrator to follow the steps in Manage authentication methods for Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication - Microsoft Sign In | Microsoft Learn to reset your MFA option. After reseting, you would be required to set the MFA again when you login to O365 Portal.

    For your reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.

    If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator 

    to explore about developing

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments