Using Outlook for Android in educational settings for communication and organization
Hi Justin
How did you fix this?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am attempting to login to my UNISA Microsoft Outlook account as the 2 factor authentication is linked to a cellphone number that I do not have access to. Any advice would be much appreciated
Using Outlook for Android in educational settings for communication and organization
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Justin
How did you fix this?
Dear Justin,
Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.
Based on your description,you're having trouble signing in to your University account. Since you could not use your old phone number, you're unable to use your authenticator app or receive a code via SM. The best way is to reset your MFA option, so that you can re-configure it with a new phone number when you login the next time.
Please refer to the inofrmation below:
Since the education accounts are manged by the tenant admins(IT department) in the schools/collages/Universities, please contact your administrator to follow the steps in Manage authentication methods for Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication - Microsoft Sign In | Microsoft Learn to reset your MFA option. After reseting, you would be required to set the MFA again when you login to O365 Portal.
For your reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.
If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.
Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator
to explore about developing
xdaforums.com
Dear Justin,
Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.
Based on your description,you're having trouble signing in to your University account. Since you could not use your old phone number, you're unable to use your authenticator app or receive a code via SM. The best way is to reset your MFA option, so that you can re-configure it with a new phone number when you login the next time.
Please refer to the inofrmation below:
Since the education accounts are manged by the tenant admins(IT department) in the schools/collages/Universities, please contact your administrator to follow the steps in Manage authentication methods for Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication - Microsoft Sign In | Microsoft Learn to reset your MFA option. After reseting, you would be required to set the MFA again when you login to O365 Portal.
For your reference: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support.
If there is any update or I misunderstand you, please feel free to let me know. I will continue to assist you. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.
Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator
to explore about developing
I will only be going to my University on the 19th of January to attempt to resolve. I will update if I am successful or not then.
Good day Justin,
Were you perhaps successful with sorting this matter out?