Add "Resend" email function back into New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-02-28T01:01:34+00:00

Please add the resend email functionality back into the new version of Outlook. This feature is utilized by myself and my team all the time, as each week we make minor changes to the previous weeks emails. I don't want to forward each week's email every time, I just want to hit resend, make any necessary changes, and then send the current updated email only. Not keeping that feature in the new Outlook was a big mistake...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T14:06:39+00:00

    Wholeheartedly agree. This was a very useful feature. I used it for follow up regularly as in 3 - 4 times a week. Also great for recurring reminder emails to groups so you don't need to retype the body. Copy + Paste is time-consuming.

    An update with a timeline for restoring this would be helpful. Letting us know whether you intend to bring it back would also be helpful.

    Communication please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T15:11:44+00:00

    According to Microsoft, this functionality is there under Advanced Actions for sent messages in the both the new Outlook app and Web interface. However it is restricted:

    **Note:**This feature is only available to individuals using a work or school account in new Outlook with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription. For personal accounts you can switch the toggle back to classic Outlook.

    What Microsoft needs to do is enable this for everyone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T16:31:55+00:00

    Can confirm it's indeed now added.
    I have work account and this is how it looks now:

    WEB:

    New Outlook:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T14:46:56+00:00

    So what you are saying is that people with a paid Microsoft 365 subscription, since the beginning of subscriptions I might add, don't get this feature. I don't have a toggle button because I'm using the "new" Outlook that Microsoft wants me to use. i didn't install the "old" Outlook. Defies logic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T15:35:11+00:00

    Yes, there was no "resend" option until recently, even for paid customers.

    I have couple of "Microsoft 365 Business Standard" subscriptions for several years already and I'm user of old-school Office since version 95.

    As far as remember resend option was always present or easy to code via VBA.

    How shocking experience was to see new Outlook without this essential functionality.

    It looks like early alpha and work in progress.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments