Add "Resend" email function back into New Outlook

Anonymous
2024-02-28T01:01:34+00:00

Please add the resend email functionality back into the new version of Outlook. This feature is utilized by myself and my team all the time, as each week we make minor changes to the previous weeks emails. I don't want to forward each week's email every time, I just want to hit resend, make any necessary changes, and then send the current updated email only. Not keeping that feature in the new Outlook was a big mistake...

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T18:04:34+00:00

    John and the others,

    Don't you find this as a joke to act that way by MS towards its essential customers?

    Perhaps in the private use it's less common, but in the business environmet it's a must have.

    I send daily tenths of similar emails - d

    several times a day update of the situation.

    I have usually 10-20 addresses incl. 30% BCC.

    I add some new info and repeat all past timeline.

    HOW can you do it without resend opion?

    To many this is a dealbreaker, when for MS can imagine it's 3 lines of simple code.

    Obvoiusly noone cares.

    I will never switch to the new Outlook.

    MS is concentrating on making it for children instead of being productive.

    Same goes to lack of search folders, customized per account signatures, draft message in the correct inbox for shared accounts.

    What a nigtmare. Hope I can remain with the old Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T14:19:25+00:00

    I use resend multiples times per day at work. Please add this back in. I just started using new Outlook today and had to Google why resend is not a feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T17:05:43+00:00

    I just spent a good 10 minutes trying to find where 'resend' is!!! I should've known better not to use the NEW Outlook! Arrggg why rolled out something is not as good as the 'old/classic' one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-02T08:19:01+00:00

    This function is essential, how could you even consider not addding this feature? In general the whole GUI is akward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T09:02:59+00:00

    Same here - really frustrating that this doesn't exist in Outlook. Mac Mail client does have this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments