Please add "Read Aloud" function to new emails being written.

Anonymous
2024-03-14T19:56:09+00:00

"New Outlook" does not have the read aloud function when you are composing/writing emails (the feature is only available to read emails you have already received or sent). This is a huge miss and a disservice to Microsoft's customers, especially those with disabilities. Numerous folks are complaining about the lack of the read aloud feature in this thread Microsoft Read Aloud for New Outlook - Microsoft Community. Can Microsoft please respond and provide a timeline for when the Read Aloud function will be available when users are composing/drafting emails? Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T16:21:10+00:00

    Thank you for landing your voice to this important misstep by Microsoft I literally could not do my job without this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T16:05:19+00:00

    I strongly agree; I regularly use the Read Aloud function when composing and would like to see it in the new and "improved" Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-07T12:50:35+00:00

    What on earth is wrong with MS? How could they put out 'new' outlook without this function. I keep trying new outlook every two months or so and the read aloud function still isn't there. I am simply not going to switch without. If it does not appear I'll use a different mailer or go back to gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T14:00:19+00:00

    Microsoft - what is the status?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-16T17:56:01+00:00

    I was forced to switch at my job and that missing feature along with some newer features that are less helpful, like the calendar alerts popping up in the top right hand corner which then interferes with the search bar and makes it disappear, are really irritating to deal with each day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments