Please add "Read Aloud" function to new emails being written.

Anonymous
2024-03-14T19:56:09+00:00

"New Outlook" does not have the read aloud function when you are composing/writing emails (the feature is only available to read emails you have already received or sent). This is a huge miss and a disservice to Microsoft's customers, especially those with disabilities. Numerous folks are complaining about the lack of the read aloud feature in this thread Microsoft Read Aloud for New Outlook - Microsoft Community. Can Microsoft please respond and provide a timeline for when the Read Aloud function will be available when users are composing/drafting emails? Thank you.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T09:03:43+00:00

    Hi,

    When is the "Real Aloud" option being added? You have advised that you have taken it on board but no real update as to when this simple but important feature will be added.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T14:43:46+00:00

    Are you freaking kidding me? You boast of accessibility but no READ ALOUD when composing messages?!?!?!?!?! Put that back in!!!!! I will toggle back to the old version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T12:57:56+00:00

    I echo the sentiments of others. While I don't have a disability, I use the Read Aloud function all the time when composing emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-11T12:42:27+00:00

    Please add "Read Loud" to the new Outlook for composing emails. As someone dyslexia, I real valued this.

    Thank you, Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T18:15:32+00:00

    I am echoing the others here about adding in the read aloud feature ASAP. Adding improvements, changing the layout etc. is fine, we get that part. However, it really makes no sense to launch a new version of software without having key features from the last version of it included or replaced. How was this not discussed before launch? SMH

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments