How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T11:38:05+00:00

    Felt the need to also jump in on this thread, because the fact it's this much of a struggle to sort out an email signature is unreal, made new branded email signatures for the company I design for in the old Outlook that worked with no issue.

    For those that use new Outlook it seems that no matter what I do nothing works, copy + paste doesn't work unless it's from Outlook -> Outlook (then of course you have the formatting issues, impossible to work around if you're designing signatures for 20+ people), drag and drop is only a temporary fix, after a while it seems that the images you place just phase out of existence and you're left with alt text.

    Image below is taken from the same email thread not even 30 minutes apart, I initially thought this was an issue due to the email thread length, compressing the images to alt text so it loads quicker, but others have experienced the exact same thing sending one to one emails where images in the email signature suddenly disappear.

    This also in turn seems to impact the actual saved signature itself, so the images remain missing in new emails.
    https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/334551de-2d3c-4ab8-9c20-168eb3f7950d?platform=QnA&fud_access=wJJIheezUklbAN2ppeDns8cDNpYs3nCYjgitr%2BfFBh2dqlqMuW7np3F6Utp%2FKMltnRRYFtVjOMO5tpbpW9UyRAwvLeec5emAPixgq9ta07Dgnp2aq5eJbnfd%2FU3qhn54q2bg8c4TjeoFR9DL5%2BljRYoREqvHlca9fqCv5EiwoucW%2B1JxJlj1qKefuM73pK1JFwXFmaN51kScIQbU3eR9pmbyMAj0IR%2F2VGBddE5z3Oo6Wi3tx3HUx%2BRdi%2BSerWx8DaQHAUy0eeD%2BKTztus1OLq%2FPP8hX2YJvzzyzTBGW5qfNFIEuReYwr3s%2B%2BtQQdz7EwxRmjFZOTFbbUmRrpq1wGHGO%2F8OCsDD8BQCloAX9OoSowK2hUkFvGlE60QVODckIVVFgicW8pCnIios8wQXAt%2BzNc27%2Bi7AKEAyKJmsHPAk%3Dhttps://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/7f7812f2-d3ce-4bd9-80e4-3fd3ef37db01?platform=QnA

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T19:12:33+00:00

    Hello Folks. Hopefully helping here. The formatting doesn't hold when pasting from Word to HTML, obviously. I've been creating the signature in the Old Desktop Outlook, then turning on 'Sync my Microsoft 365 settings'. This mostly worksbut I've had issues when doing this for multiple accounts under the same profile. Usually after 4, the last one won't sync. regardless, this works for new and current signatures that format correctly in the Old Outllook when you paste and not the new outlook. This Microsoft's workaround, I guess

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T22:16:39+00:00

    Thanks for this and i'll have a play with this. Still would be much easier if the previous cut/ paste was achievable and seems such a big miss when building the new platform

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T17:13:06+00:00

    None of the suggestions in this thread worked for me. That "new" signature edit dialog is about as primitive as it gets! I felt like I was stepping back into 2007.

    C'mon Microsoft. Do better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T19:03:45+00:00

    Hi Sherry, that doesn't work. Whether I select just paste or paste to plain text, it pastes to plain text. Do we have another solution yet?

    Thanks,
    Dawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments