How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T06:21:43+00:00

    I found a solution that works with html signature

    -open the email signature in Edge

    -select the signature

    -drag the selected signature into outlook signature box. For some reason, the formatting will be kept

    hope it helps

    William

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T17:54:41+00:00

    Thanks William! It's been a while and I have since given up on New Outlook. I went back to the legacy version, bugs and all. I can't believe they released New Outlook without making it bug-free and improved in all aspects. That issue with the signatures not transferring over (with logos and images etc intact) is just inexcusable in my opinion. Thanks again! Ian

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T21:07:34+00:00

    Thank you so much! This worked; however, I couldn't edit it once I'd dragged it over. I am covering someone's maternity leave so wanted to use their signature block and just change their name to mine since all of the other data will remain the same, so I needed to edit it in an email before dragging and dropping it in, but SUCCESS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-11T15:33:46+00:00

    This did not work for me. However, I did find a solution that did work. Its not a permanent solution, but will help in the short term. At the top right hand corner of you new outlook app, there should be a switch called "new outlook" and will be switched on. If you switch it off, you'll be taken to the old outlook where you can update you signature and the formatting will remani. You can then switch back to the new outlook and your signature will stay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-19T10:49:17+00:00

    Agree with all comments above. We are a brand and comms agency and have created Signatures for businesses for years - simple designs, sometimes with a logo in - and just sent in word, this gets forwarded and all update and then apply simply. We have just rebranded a new organisation and are trying to sort this and after spending 24hours trying to sort this realised it's an issue with 'New' Outlook. This really needs a fix asap if New Outlook is about to be enforced on all. It's a simple yet professional requirement all businesses have i imagine and not to have this sorted makes Outlook feel less like a business solution and more legacy hotmail focused

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments