How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-02T12:48:49+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    Just chiming in to say the bug is still happening on Outlook Web. In my case, using Edge 124.0.2478.67 (Official build) (64-bit).

    Was able to circumvent it installing and using the Microsoft Store version of Outlook. Which was a bit of a pain in itself, but at least solved the issue.

    Hope this helps while Microsoft works on the bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T07:55:55+00:00

    Hi there,

    Just a message to give you a tip that worked for me.

    I basically copied the signature from a random email in the outlook app and pasted it into word app.

    From the pasted content in word, I copied it and then pasted it back into the outlook signature editor window. For some reason, the formatting was kept, not precisely but after some adjustments, I still have been able to end up with the signature I was targeting at the beginning.

    Hope that work for you as well !

    Louis

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T08:08:15+00:00

    Same for me but the problem is you have to make adjustments and you still can't get it to look the same as you need it to look.

    Still, a big issue that needs resolving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-28T21:35:44+00:00

    same here, it is so frustrating. i have a company of 25 people i have to create signatures for.

    I can not ask them all to recreate the signature once they have pasted it. most of them don't know how to do it.

    I am a graphic designer and they are all looking at me like i don't know my job because i cant make it work. embarrassing, time consuming and incredibly frustrating.

    AND I've found that if i create it in old MS outlook, its perfect, but when i open new MS Outlook, that signature does not exist!

    WHEN are you going to address this?????????

    this is an extremely urgent and important fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T07:32:49+00:00

    Hi do you have a solution? I am also a graphic designer for a company, I recently reinstalled the new outlook and I'm having the same problems, when I copy and paste an email signature into the email it is all formatted wrong, even with a bit of tinkering it doesn't look the same. Can you please let me know what solution there is to this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments