Microsoft made a lot of stupid changes to outlook - who did they survey before taking away a lot of outlooks functionality?? Clearly not anyone who uses outlook for work outside of their IT buddies, if they sought input at all. I am guessing they had no idea how these small changes impact productivity. It doesn't capitalize the first letter in sentences, doesn't automatically fix words that are consistently spelled wrong, the spelling and grammar that is apparently learning from us so it can be better in the future but is dumber than it was before - they could've at least made it function at the level it was before and then have it learn from us. Could they not at least make the functionality of changing a word that grammar has suggested we change consistent across platforms - it functions differently between teams and word - in word you just click on the item and in teams you have to right click.
The reduction in functionality of Microsoft products has significantly affected my ability to do my job because of how much it has affected my productivity.
I am autistic but am high functioning and work in a director level position for a large hospital system. I have never sought accommodations for my disability at work, but after the microsoft update I am struggling to keep up and I had to put in a request. Clearly microsoft did not seek input from people with disabilities or who struggle with fine motor movements.
I appreciate they need to update and bring things into the future but taking smaller steps and highlighting changes that will have impact on people's everyday work should be considered. Taking the time to learn how their changes will affect people with disabilities would most appropriate in the future.