Add new participants to Outlook without having to send it to everybody

Anonymous
2024-02-21T00:20:11+00:00

How can I add a new person to a recurring invitation without having to send to all participants in the meeting. It doesn't give me the option to send to 'updated invitees only'. I use the desktop version not the web version

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T21:11:00+00:00

    How do you only send the meeting notice to the added participant and not the people already invited? I'm using the new Outlook

    If you open up the meeting series and select the "Forward" button at the top, the person you forward the meeting to will be invited to the meeting series without emailing everyone/requesting a new response from everyone.

    It's not very intuitive behavior, but it seems to work well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T09:16:34+00:00

    There is no forward button on calendar appointments which I have set up. If I add a new attendee to the existing appointment, it sends to all those already invited.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T13:45:07+00:00

    The forward option is not available to the owner of the meeting and there is no longer a pop-up that allows you to select who receives notification of the addition of an attendee.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T14:20:52+00:00

    Thanks! That's what I thought. I hope Microsoft fixes this because I often organize large meetings and have people added after the fact. I don't want everyone to get notification of meeting participant changes because it just clogs up their email. I will be switching back to the previous version of Outlook until this is fixed. Over to you, Microsoft!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T14:31:10+00:00

    I can totally relate to this. I tried to switch to new version due to some trouble with using old outlook, but this problem with meetings is a total dealbreaker.

    I will have to switch from Teams to Zoom or Google Meet unless this is fixed, as I am doing the same as you. Organizing large meetings where I add or remove participants several times after the first meeting invite. I a back on old outlook for now and hope Microsoft will fix this and some of the other trouble with new outlook before we have to switch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments