Add new participants to Outlook without having to send it to everybody

Anonymous
2024-02-21T00:20:11+00:00

How can I add a new person to a recurring invitation without having to send to all participants in the meeting. It doesn't give me the option to send to 'updated invitees only'. I use the desktop version not the web version

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T16:02:51+00:00

    I can confirm with the rest of the responses here that the solution does not work. There is no save button. The only way to add the additional person still requires one to send the invitation out to everyone again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T09:02:48+00:00

    I have also had to revert to old Outlook - this is very annoying - especially when 150 people come back complaining about repetitive invitations. Please give me back that old piece of functionality!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T14:44:38+00:00

    Thank you for posting this resolution, it works well.

    However, I have a similar issue when removing attendees - Outlook used to let this happen only for changed attendees, but it sends the meetings to ALL attendees if you remove someone as well - if you have a resolution for that too, it would be fantastic.

    Thank you again for taking the time to provide an answer, it has been bugging me for weeks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T14:00:49+00:00

    In "New" Outlook, a work-around is right clicking on the event/meeting within the calendar, and selecting "Forward". This option sends a meeting invitation to an individual without updating the invite for the rest. Hope that helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T10:41:58+00:00

    Oh I had hoped someone figured this out becuase I am facing the same issue, this is quite inconvenient as similarly invites get sent out a year in advance I will have to switch back unless updated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments