Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T03:53:53+00:00

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,

    I see you've exhausted most of the troubleshooting, restart your device as that will assist in fixing Outlook services in the background.

    Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

    Regards, Sola

    “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “

    Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:10:36+00:00

    Hi Bob, Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences, I see you've exhausted most of the troubleshooting, restart your device as that will assist in fixing Outlook services in the background. Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance. Regards, Sola “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “ Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Hi Sola - thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I did restart my phone numerous times and I also tested with and without wifi without success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T03:05:20+00:00

    Hi again,

    I'm sorry I wasn't able to help, unfortunately, I do not have any more troubleshooting to offer, there are knowledgeable experts on the platform and I hope someone else will take a look at your issue.

    Thanks, Sola

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T09:25:25+00:00

    Hello

    I have same situation here, android 14 , samsung s22 and s24 . have you found a solution ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T22:20:11+00:00

    After hundreds of back and forth messages with the in-app support team, the problem was resolved by the most recent update despite trying pretty much everything they could throw at me. It does appear to be a systemic issue affecting random accounts although at this time no one wants to admit there is a problem. As a temporary solution I would suggest installing Outlook Lite which worked perfectly for me and just waiting for the next update if you don't feel like spending hours and energy with the in-app support team. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments