Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T16:22:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Everything was working fine until yesterday but I don't receive any notifications from Outlook.

    I'm using Samsung A12 and Samsung A8 tablet.

    Any news of a possible fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T21:37:55+00:00

    I have the very same issue, but with my "main" email account. I have 3 on the Outlook app, and only my main email is affected. My phone is a Bison X10 Pro. Had the notifications for every single email (both vibration and sound) for all 3 accounts untill today.

    It's the same on my PC, no sound from Outlook (I only use my primary account on the PC, which has been upgraded to Win 11 a few weeks ago).

    It's very annoying, since I only know if there are any emails if I open the app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T15:35:21+00:00

    Outlook Lite did work for me at least. However, I did notice that my Office 365 app was set for deep sleep. I released it at the same time I downloaded the Lite version so cannot confirm which method worked. Maybe something to try out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T15:25:14+00:00

    Having the same issue as of yesterday on my GalaxyS23. No changes have occurred, just stopped out of nowhere. My last software update was on 4/14 and was working fine up until yesterday. Checked all notification settings within device and app, deleted and readded Outlook app. I also attempted the Outlook Lite workaround and still no notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T14:41:53+00:00

    Same issue here on Samsung s20... tried all suggestions and nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments