Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T12:39:26+00:00

    I don't know how but suddenly things started to work again simultaneously on iOS and Android. Really a weird behaviour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T12:26:12+00:00

    I found a solution that might help others! Here’s what you need to do:

    1. Go to your notifications settings.
    2. Click on "Notification Categories."
    3. Find and select "Mail."
    4. Click on the "Mail" tab to open another page.
    5. Look for the option that says "Show as pop-up" and turn it on.

    Once I did that, everything worked for me!

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T19:21:55+00:00

    Yes I'm also facing this issue. I tried many ways like you but didn't solve. On the other hand, On my 2nd mobile (Galaxy F34) Outlook notifications works properly. But didn't on my OnePlus 11R.

    Even before somedays, a large number of OnePlus 11 users reported Gmail crashing issue. I'm a OnePlus 11R user, I didn't faced it. But now I'm facing Outlook notification issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T00:04:12+00:00

    Just started to have the same problem. It is obviously not on our side. The problem started at the same time on an Android device and on an iPad.

    In many case some new email arrived without notification in both devices or the emails arrive when opening the application in one of the device.

    Ridiculous Microsoft has such a problem. This is a basic functionality and must be fixed ASAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-01T14:29:25+00:00

    I have been suffering with this problem since 4 months now. Its August 2024 and still the notifications do not work. My emails are in sync ( i use outlook lite). Normal outlook doesnt sync emails. I dont get notifications for meetings nor for new emails.

    As for teams, i get the msgs only when i open the app. No notifications otherwise. Randomly sometimes several teams message pop up as notification but there is no proper logic or pattern as to when it happens

    Please somebody help me. I have tried mentioning it all to microsoft several times but all they have to say is useless stuff like clear cache, uninstall bla bla. looks like they have some college freshers sitting and responding to serious issues like these

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments