Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T17:42:31+00:00

    After some days the issue is automatically fixed by a update provided via Play Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T16:45:24+00:00

    Possible fix?

    I'm using a Samsung S10e, noticed I hadn't had any email notifications since last night (appx 17 hours ago), opened the app and there were a dozen or so emails received unnotified.

    Tried restarting the phone and checking for updates; neither worked. Already set to 'Show notifications'.

    Tried adding Outlook to 'Never auto sleeping apps' (even though Outlook was not listed under either 'Sleeping apps' or 'Deep sleeping apps'); got an email notification through on the very next email!

    Possible Fix Instructions:

    Settings>Battery and Device Care>Battery>Background usage limits>Never auto sleeping apps>+ symbol>Outlook>Add

    Hope this works for you/stays working for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T00:03:37+00:00

    I have face this problem. So what can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T13:10:22+00:00

    This type of notification settings is only available on Samsung devices. But on my Galaxy F34, this "pop-up notification" is turned off, still I'm receiving banner email notifications properly.

    The problem is on my OnePlus 11R. here is no settings called "Mail", instead of that it have a setting called "Email" & "Event reminder". I enabled every single permissions whatever it wants. But still I'm not getting email notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more