Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-22T07:14:07+00:00

    End of April, and I'm still having the same issue.

    I'm on a Samsung A53, running Android 14, latest update. All my notifications for the app and on the phone are set to allow, but I'm receiving nothing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

    I'm trying deleting and reinstalling outlook, failing that I'll try the lite version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T17:52:20+00:00

    After some days the issue is automatically fixed by a update provided via Play Store.

    I see, well let's hope that setting Outlook under 'never auto sleep' will tide me over until that update comes through (not received it yet)! 👍

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-03T17:42:31+00:00

    After some days the issue is automatically fixed by a update provided via Play Store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T00:03:37+00:00

    I have face this problem. So what can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-14T13:10:22+00:00

    This type of notification settings is only available on Samsung devices. But on my Galaxy F34, this "pop-up notification" is turned off, still I'm receiving banner email notifications properly.

    The problem is on my OnePlus 11R. here is no settings called "Mail", instead of that it have a setting called "Email" & "Event reminder". I enabled every single permissions whatever it wants. But still I'm not getting email notifications.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments