How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-06T16:36:17+00:00

    Agree - this is a very useful tool for schedulers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T00:21:15+00:00

    I think I was able to figure this out after much messing around. Here's what I did:

    • When you have your outlook open to your inbox, click on the little calendar button with the check mark in it (top right in the blue ribbon)
    • Once the calendar opens along the right side of your reading pane, you can drag your emails from the "inbox" pane over to the calendar.
    • An "add as event" window will pop up and you can drop your email here. It doesn't matter what date you drop it on in the calendar because you will select the date once the event box pops up.
    • Click save and it will now be on your calendar

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T19:37:50+00:00

    Double click on the email message to open the individual email window and then find the "Reply with Meeting" button. Remove the other email recipients and pick your date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T19:59:44+00:00

    Hey Amanda - "Reply with Meeting" is no longer available on the new Outlook (at least not anywhere I or anyone else can find). From everything I've read, MS just states that "not all features from previous versions are available on the newest version".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-16T20:50:44+00:00

    I totally agree.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments