How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T13:02:57+00:00

    Has anyone at Microsoft actually user tested the new outlook, or done any customer sessions? To say it's style over substance is an absolute understatement. Not being able to attach an email to an existing meeting is ridiculous.

    In meeting invites I searched for a loooong time to find out how to format the text as there is pretty much nothing in the settings. Then I found the text formatting bar, at the bottom of the email invite, so to add bullet points to the text at the top, I had to scroll all they way to the bottom, then to change the indent, I had to go back up to the top, higlight the text then scroll back down to the bottom again! I mean why would you put it there instead of pinning it to the top bar where it has always been.

    So many features are now non-existent. I really do wonder if the designers of this new outlook have actually viewed how people normally work with it. Why for example in the calendar settings - are there settings for whether I want to add all sorts of travel items to my calandar - this is pretty much all there is in the settings, whereas must be a tiny percentage of what people use outlook calendar for. Whilst at the same time, everyday features that are needed and used either don't exist or you have to google in order to find them because it's so counter-intuitive.

    Very poor play Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-17T19:25:04+00:00

    thank you for this! It worked for me - albeit cumbersome. Why, for the love of God, does Microsoft not consult the users of their products when they make these changes!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T21:51:39+00:00

    In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

    This is a feature that is greatly missed throughout my company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T11:46:10+00:00

    To attach an email to a meeting
    In the New Appointment or New Meeting select Insert -> Outlook item and choose the email you want to attach.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T14:50:57+00:00

    Not obvious where to find "Insert"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments