How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T15:54:56+00:00

    This is ESSENTIAL functionality. It is a fast and efficient way to add context to a meeting agenda. Attendees can easily open the email and read it for detailed context. This is a feature I am surprised is not in the product yet. New Outlook is missing A LOT. I DO like the Scheduling Assistant - available time suggestions - good enhancement there. I just wish little, fast, shortcuts were introduced. I am not a fan of the search functionality either. Clunky, hard to narrow down criteria ... not optimized for speed or accurate results. Not a fan of it. I digress. Can you please add dragging an email into another email and meeting appointment today? Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T19:06:25+00:00

    YES! This worked for me. Thank you for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T12:44:27+00:00

    We should be able to easily drag an Outlook email as an attachment to an Outlook meeting invite.

    Disappointed MS Outlook Product Management / Dev Team's oversight on this limitation and not including this feature/function/capability in the "new" Outlook.

    Requesting to please add this in the "new" Outlook, just as we had it in the "old" Outlook.

    my 2cents: LOVE when MS adds new features/functions/capabilities as enhancements to new releases, however not understanding why some current features/functions/capabilities are removed as it then feels like a downgrade and less flexibility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T08:10:30+00:00

    Agree with this sentiment

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-05T18:40:39+00:00

    I genuinely don't understand the rationale here. I can understand wanting to move away from desktop applications, but if you don't have feature parity, then you aren't doing it right.

    This feature is one that I really care about, and I know a lot of my clients do as well. We have one client who has held off until the last minute with their "upgrade" to the New Outlook specifically because of this feature. That's 300 users stuck on old software and an IT team itching to pull the trigger on a switch to Google. We're force-feeding them the Kool-Aid and talking about Exchange and Teams and all that fun stuff, but they're starting to compare features...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments