How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T13:39:30+00:00

    Any update on this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-28T12:52:27+00:00

    It is no longer an option to use the old Outlook at work. Has this issue been resolved? In the past I just copied an email and pasted it into a calendar event to attach it. That was the main way I tracked what tasks I needed to complete. Please let me know if there's a simple way to attach emails to calendar events.

    Thanks,

    Iz

    Hi Iz,

    I have the same issue as a new user of New Outlook.

    The only way how i could add a previous email as an attachment to the calendar event, is the following: I've downloaded the original email, and made an upload from my computer.

    Not a convenient one, but at least something... hope i could help.

    br

    nándor

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T15:53:25+00:00

    I'm just adding onto the list of people for whom this function is a major loss. I loved being able to take an email that needed a significant amount of my time and quickly add it to my calendar. This allowed me to quickly let folks know when I'd have the time to give them what they need.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T16:14:38+00:00

    I just found a solution I think!

    I went to the top and selected "forward as an attachment" - then it pulled up a new email with the attachment. So then I just grabbed the attachment in the new email and dragged it into the calendar event I was making.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments