How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T09:58:39+00:00

    I second that this feature is necessary! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T11:07:45+00:00

    Pain in the rear but this works!! Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T15:27:24+00:00

    This indeed is very helpful. However, it does not solve the problem of saving an email in a folder. I used to right click on the email item in the email list, copy and paste either to a calendar event or a folder. But now it takes more steps to accomplish the same tasks.

    Can Microsoft team help bring the previous functionality back PLEASE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T14:49:48+00:00

    I just found a solution I think!

    I went to the top and selected "forward as an attachment" - then it pulled up a new email with the attachment. So then I just grabbed the attachment in the new email and dragged it into the calendar event I was making.

    Thank you for sharing this! While much more cumbersome than my old way of ctrl+c/ctrl+v at least that works for the meantime. It would be so much easier to just return the previously functionality that clearly a lot of us used all the time.
    Edited to add: and when you do this method you need to go into your drafts and delete the email that created the attachment :|

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T16:14:38+00:00

    I just found a solution I think!

    I went to the top and selected "forward as an attachment" - then it pulled up a new email with the attachment. So then I just grabbed the attachment in the new email and dragged it into the calendar event I was making.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments