How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T00:58:38+00:00

    I just found a solution I think!

    I went to the top and selected "forward as an attachment" - then it pulled up a new email with the attachment. So then I just grabbed the attachment in the new email and dragged it into the calendar event I was making.

    Thank you for sharing this! While much more cumbersome than my old way of ctrl+c/ctrl+v at least that works for the meantime. It would be so much easier to just return the previously functionality that clearly a lot of us used all the time.
    Edited to add: and when you do this method you need to go into your drafts and delete the email that created the attachment :|

    Who would think a basic ctrl+c / ctrl+v of the selected email will work! It certainly does! Many thanks for the tip. It does work.

    I still prefer the 'drag and drop' method for ease of use though.

    Bring back the drag and drop feature

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T22:54:16+00:00

    I also used the feature all the time for follow up - please ensure it's a function in the new outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T17:58:00+00:00

    Hi-

    I just wanted to add that I use the drag and drop feature a lot and am forced to be on Outlook 365 right now because of the CrowdStrike problem and am frustrated because the drag and drop to calendar feature doesn't work. I wanted to let you know this feature is an important part of how I keep myself organized.

    Best, Jacqui

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T19:29:09+00:00

    I can always tell when companies don't use their own product, because if they did, this would never happen. Everything takes extra steps to accomplish what was previously easy as a drag and drop. Now, I have to drag the email to my desktop, tell it to 'keep' it as it downloads, then use the attached icon in the 'new event' for the calendar - 'browse this computer' and select it from the list. C R A Z Y

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more