Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
MS must have finally listened to us and fixed this....drag/drop attachments has been working for a couple of weeks now....hopefully they don't remove....
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
MS must have finally listened to us and fixed this....drag/drop attachments has been working for a couple of weeks now....hopefully they don't remove....
I was looking for a solution to create events based on emails. I read your post and tried to drag it to the calendar, which immediately created an event!
I have the "Calendar" and "To Do" side panes activated (called "My Day" on the "View" ribbon). So I dragged the Email to the Calendar, and it worked perfectly.
Hope this helps!
P.S. Also, Ctrl+C on the email and after Ctrl+V on the calendar event will attach the email.
Dragging and dropping e-mails into the calendar to create an event was a pretty much perfect function of the old Outlook.
I cannot understand why this would be removed. I cannot understand why it hasn't been reinstated.
Put it back please.
Rule Number 1 for Microsoft: The customer is always wrong, no need for this (or a functional search, or offline capabilities but look we added emojis)....
I totally agree.