How can I attach email to Calendar in new Outlook?

Anonymous
2024-01-15T16:52:42+00:00

In the "new" Outlook, I can no longer attach emails to Calendar items, even when I have created the item. Is there are work around for this?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-17T02:36:15+00:00

    I was looking for a solution to create events based on emails. I read your post and tried to drag it to the calendar, which immediately created an event!
    I have the "Calendar" and "To Do" side panes activated (called "My Day" on the "View" ribbon). So I dragged the Email to the Calendar, and it worked perfectly.

    Hope this helps!

    P.S. Also, Ctrl+C on the email and after Ctrl+V on the calendar event will attach the email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T19:37:50+00:00

    Double click on the email message to open the individual email window and then find the "Reply with Meeting" button. Remove the other email recipients and pick your date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T00:21:15+00:00

    I think I was able to figure this out after much messing around. Here's what I did:

    • When you have your outlook open to your inbox, click on the little calendar button with the check mark in it (top right in the blue ribbon)
    • Once the calendar opens along the right side of your reading pane, you can drag your emails from the "inbox" pane over to the calendar.
    • An "add as event" window will pop up and you can drop your email here. It doesn't matter what date you drop it on in the calendar because you will select the date once the event box pops up.
    • Click save and it will now be on your calendar

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T00:58:38+00:00

    I just found a solution I think!

    I went to the top and selected "forward as an attachment" - then it pulled up a new email with the attachment. So then I just grabbed the attachment in the new email and dragged it into the calendar event I was making.

    Thank you for sharing this! While much more cumbersome than my old way of ctrl+c/ctrl+v at least that works for the meantime. It would be so much easier to just return the previously functionality that clearly a lot of us used all the time.
    Edited to add: and when you do this method you need to go into your drafts and delete the email that created the attachment :|

    Who would think a basic ctrl+c / ctrl+v of the selected email will work! It certainly does! Many thanks for the tip. It does work.

    I still prefer the 'drag and drop' method for ease of use though.

    Bring back the drag and drop feature

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-19T19:29:09+00:00

    I can always tell when companies don't use their own product, because if they did, this would never happen. Everything takes extra steps to accomplish what was previously easy as a drag and drop. Now, I have to drag the email to my desktop, tell it to 'keep' it as it downloads, then use the attached icon in the 'new event' for the calendar - 'browse this computer' and select it from the list. C R A Z Y

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments