Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T16:28:13+00:00

    Hello,

    Something I have noticed for a short while now... Microsoft seems to have trouble with Calendar, Teams working with emails when saved as a file. i.e. I a lot of time will attach to a teams project an email for approval, etc. Or in a calendar - an original email for clarity. When I do that, I get all the errors you all have listed.

    These are a few of the errors I get from my calendar meeting that had an email attached for reference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T16:51:20+00:00

    Lisa,

    All of those symptoms are related to the calendar conflict issue. If you see the Conflict Message dialog close it out. If you click Keep All it will create duplicate meetings at the same time.

    After the service fix goes out later today you can do the Clear Offline Items for your calendar to remove the conflicts. Today I would make any meeting updates from OWA or New Outlook. Tomorrow do the Clear Offline Items workaround tomorrow, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support. You could do the Clear Offline Items today but if any new conflicts you will still have to do it again tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T19:49:28+00:00

    This made the appointment disappear on my calendar, but it is still listed on all of my executive's calendars.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T19:55:59+00:00

    This is an image of what I see when I open the appointment. I redacted some of the information for privacy. You will see this event has passed. I have this for other appointments too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T20:22:48+00:00

    Kate,

    If you are seeing that in the Conflict Message dialog box this issue will be mitigated by doing Clear Offline Items for your calendar. It might be best to wait until tomorrow to do Clear Offline Items after the fix is out so not to get another conflict. In the meantime update any meetings that have the Conflict Message from OWA or Teams or New Outlook.

    Clear Offline Items is Workaround 2 in the article, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support. This will remove everything from your local Outlook Desktop calendar. When you sync again it will pull down copies from the service that do not have the conflicts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments