Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Any update on a resolution? This issue is causing a lot of issues.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Any update on a resolution? This issue is causing a lot of issues.
I recently started experiencing the same problem and it only seems to affect the meetings I create using Outlook (Windows, Office 365 in a corporate environment). I have never experienced this in meetings created by my colleagues.
The issue is tracked in the Service Health Dashboard as EX800425.
Here is the latest update:
Title: Users may intermittently be unable to update or cancel calendar items in the Outlook desktop client
User impact: Users may intermittently be unable to update or cancel calendar items in the Outlook desktop client.
More info: Users intermittently receive an error when updating or canceling calendar items that prevent these users from completing the intended action.
As a potential workaround, users can try updating meetings using the new Outlook desktop client or Outlook on the web (outlook.office365.com/calendar/view/day).
Additional information on the end user experience and error messages being received can be found here: support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-shows-conflict-errors-when-updating-or-cancelling-meetings-69c26227-40ef-4377-8f12-1749fcaad2ad
Current status: The code change to adjust how the server identifies the most accurate version of the Outlook meeting event is in the process of being deployed to our internal environment. We anticipate being able to run testing to validate this change as a fix within the next 48 hours. If our testing proves this change to be an effective fix, we’ll provide a roll out timeline for all environments.
Scope of impact: This event may intermittently impact users updating or canceling calendar items in the Outlook desktop client.
Next update by: Friday, July 5, 2024, at 10:00 PM UTC
Until the fix gets deployed in the service it would be best to create or update meetings in OWA or New Outlook. This issue is something that can unexpectedly happen and not something you can anticipate.
i have this same issue that started july 2. please advise resolution