Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T17:36:11+00:00

    I have just run into this same issue, but with a singular meeting.

    I scheduled a meeting with some members outside my organization, and ran into the conflict manager issue. I also clicked the wrong option, and now have many multiple instances of this meeting in my calendar. If I try to delete the meetings from my calendar it requires me to send a cancellation message to the other meeting attendees in order for it to be deleted. (I will not be doing this) I am the only one with multiple instances on my calendar, as my coworker who is attending the meeting only has the original instance in her calendar.

    I do have this calendar synced to the outlook app on my phone.

    Please let me know if any progress has been made towards a solution. I would like to delete all but one of these meetings from my calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T18:45:46+00:00

    The Outlook Team is still investigating the issue. Its a Sev 1 incident but still slow to get to root cause. The best option for now is if you see the conflict error only make updates to that meeting from OWA or New Outlook or Teams calendar, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T21:42:09+00:00

    Same issue - and none of the recommended fixes above are working. I am the organizer/host for several meetings with our executive leadership team - I cannot have them getting all these duplicate updates. PLEASE FIX THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T00:54:25+00:00

    Same issue, Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2302 Build 16.0.16130.20332) 64-bit

    Workaround here doesn't work https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-shows-conflict-errors-when-updating-or-cancelling-meetings-69c26227-40ef-4377-8f12-1749fcaad2ad

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-25T06:58:11+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I get a yellow warning sign with 2 arrows and when I click on that, it gives a list with the same meeting heading, dates and times, but I cannot see the hwading of ghis doc or do anything with these entries

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments