Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T17:36:11+00:00

    I have just run into this same issue, but with a singular meeting.

    I scheduled a meeting with some members outside my organization, and ran into the conflict manager issue. I also clicked the wrong option, and now have many multiple instances of this meeting in my calendar. If I try to delete the meetings from my calendar it requires me to send a cancellation message to the other meeting attendees in order for it to be deleted. (I will not be doing this) I am the only one with multiple instances on my calendar, as my coworker who is attending the meeting only has the original instance in her calendar.

    I do have this calendar synced to the outlook app on my phone.

    Please let me know if any progress has been made towards a solution. I would like to delete all but one of these meetings from my calendar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-06T17:28:18+00:00

    Hi Padma,

    I had the same issue as you, but found that if you attempt to resize the "white space" (using the mouse to bring up the arrow keys) the whole conflict becomes visible once more and you can click the "Keep All" or "Keep This" option once more to attempt to resolve the conflict. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T21:46:39+00:00

    Michelle,

    I asked my peers that focus on Outlook Calendar for guidance and there is probably not a one option solution to address this scenario. If you have the bandwidth, it might be best to have your tenant admin open a support ticket from the Admin Portal. I would probably avoid making updates to this series in Outlook Desktop and rather make them in OWA or Teams or New Outlook. The Outlook Team is still investigating the calendar conflict issue for a fix. I don't have an ETA yet.

    The kinds of questions I was asked about that would likely need a support case to investigate further:

    Is this user the organizer?

    Is it a recurring meeting with no end date?

    How many exceptions?

    Were the cancellations sent because they were each exception to a recurring series?

    Is a device syncing with the Calendar?

    Is this personal calendar or EXO calendar?

    We would want to get calendar logs and investigate the issue before suggesting a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-04T18:25:06+00:00

    I had this happen for a meeting where a conflict manager would pop up. I apparently clicked the wrong option, so I now have over 500 instances of the meeting in my calendar. I went through and deleted some, but the meeting invitees got the cancellation for each instance I deleted. I am worried when it comes time for this meeting my Outlook will crash. I also had a previous meeting invite keep popping up as a meeting reminder after having a conflict error (weeks after the meeting happened and following me repeatedly dismissing the notification). If that happens for all 500+ instances of this meeting....

    Is there any way to delete all of these meetings at once without sending notifications to attendees?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments