Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T16:28:13+00:00

    Hello,

    Something I have noticed for a short while now... Microsoft seems to have trouble with Calendar, Teams working with emails when saved as a file. i.e. I a lot of time will attach to a teams project an email for approval, etc. Or in a calendar - an original email for clarity. When I do that, I get all the errors you all have listed.

    These are a few of the errors I get from my calendar meeting that had an email attached for reference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T19:08:06+00:00

    I deleted the meeting in the Teams calendar, and it automatically deleted it in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T16:57:47+00:00

    Yes, this is the solution. Step one is to click the 3 dots on the bottom left and click folders to see the Calendar folder. Then proceed as stated.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T14:45:44+00:00

    Cooper,

    I apologize for the disruption. The best options when you get the duplicates are to either manually cancel the meeting items or you can use the Calcheck tool to remove them. Its workaround #3 in the Known Issue article, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support. Since that calendar item is in conflict, please do workaround #2 first and then do workaround #3 to remove the duplicates. Since the conflict is only in Outlook Desktop on that machine it might be best to make updates from OWA for now and then wait for the service fix to roll out. The fix is planned to be enabled in Prod worldwide at 11:00 AM PST on 7/11/24.

    Here is the service health dashboard update:

    EX800425

    Title: Users may intermittently be unable to update or cancel calendar items in the Outlook desktop client

    User impact: Users may intermittently be unable to update or cancel calendar items in the Outlook desktop client.

    More info: Users intermittently receive an error when updating or canceling calendar items that prevent these users from completing the intended action.

    As a potential workaround, users can try updating meetings using the new Outlook desktop client or Outlook on the web: outlook.office365.com/calendar/view/day

    Additional information on the end user experience and error messages being received can be found here: support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-shows-conflict-errors-when-updating-or-cancelling-meetings-69c26227-40ef-4377-8f12-1749fcaad2ad

    Current status: The fix is continuing to roll out as planned and we anticipate it will saturate all impacted environments by Thursday, July 11, 2024, by approximately 6:00 PM UTC. We’ll continue to closely monitor the situation throughout the deployment.

    An update has been made to the Support Article posted above to address certain error messages that have been reported in the Clear Offline Items workflow.

    Scope of impact: This event may intermittently impact users updating or canceling calendar items in the Outlook desktop client.

    Next update by: Wednesday, July 10, 2024, at 10:00 PM UTC

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-10T13:49:11+00:00

    This issue is very frustrating, it really needs to be fixed. I get so stressed when sending invites to senior execs and out of nowhere there are 50 conflicting versions of the same calendar invite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments