Conflict Message Error when trying to Open a Meeting Invite

Anonymous
2024-01-12T21:36:22+00:00

I created a meeting that I now wish to delete. I have a conflict error message that appears when I try to either open the meeting or delete it. The conflict error reads "One or more items in the folder you synchronized do not match. To resolve the conflicts, open the items, and then try this operation"

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T18:42:29+00:00

    My company has been having the same issue, I believe it has something to do with the Microsoft teams add in.

    1. Remove the "Microsoft Teams meeting Add on"
    2. go to Calendar Properties and clear offline items, then closed outlook.
    3. Re-add the Microsoft teams meeting add on, then close outlook.
    4. Open outlook and you should be good to go.

    This fix has worked for us so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T00:07:53+00:00

    Be aware that if you click "Keep All", your meeting will replicate itself about 8,000,000 at the same time slot and you will have to manually cancel all 799,999,999 of the extra meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T21:42:09+00:00

    Same issue - and none of the recommended fixes above are working. I am the organizer/host for several meetings with our executive leadership team - I cannot have them getting all these duplicate updates. PLEASE FIX THIS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-24T18:45:46+00:00

    The Outlook Team is still investigating the issue. Its a Sev 1 incident but still slow to get to root cause. The best option for now is if you see the conflict error only make updates to that meeting from OWA or New Outlook or Teams calendar, Outlook shows conflict errors when updating or cancelling meetings - Microsoft Support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-21T14:05:03+00:00

    I am having this same issue, but it only occurs on one of my recurring meeting invites. The conflict icon does not show up in the same invite when I go into Teams. I think this has something to do with Teams calendar vs Outlook calendar. I would love help resolving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments