Outlook MacOS - Downloading Attachments from the Server (Nonfunctional)

Anonymous
2024-05-11T10:01:53+00:00

Good day,

I'm reaching out for help with an ongoing issue I'm experiencing with my email accounts on Outlook. Two days ago, all of my accounts suddenly stopped being able to send or receive emails. This issue appeared out of nowhere and has since become a constant problem.

I've tried removing and re-adding the accounts, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Now, my emails won't fully load, and I consistently see a "Downloading Attachments from Server..." message in the reading pane that never progresses. Additionally, the email previews are not showing up.
I have also deleted Outlook entirely and re-installed it but that also did not work.

Interestingly, these email accounts work perfectly on other mail clients like Mail on Mac and RoundCube. In Outlook, however, emails are not sent or received, and test emails remain stuck in the Outbox.

Please note, these are IMAP email accounts.

I have already reached out to the domain hosting providers, but they were unable to assist. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve it, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I tried to attach a screenshot, but it seems as if everything is broken because the file fails to upload.

Kind regards,

D

System Information:

Macbook Air M1

MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Office 365
Outlook Downloaded from App Store

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T16:20:11+00:00

    Which update? I check for updates daily and haven't gotten one in weeks.

    Which version of Outlook are you using?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T18:04:44+00:00

    macOS Sequoia 15.1 with

    Outlook voor Mac Versie 16.91 (24111020)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T01:35:09+00:00

    This is a constant battle. MS needs to replace all engineers working on MacOS Outlook. It is just not getting better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T12:33:58+00:00

    I completely agree. I'm not sure that anyone from Microsoft actually bothers to look at these forums and by making it so difficult to contact them, it's proof that they don't care about their clients. Luckily for me - and for no reason at all - my Outlook suddenly started working again which is great, but I never know when this problem will happen again. I so wish I'd kept everything on iCloud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T12:34:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I tried this method and it sorted the issue out.

    Go to Tools-->Account-->in the bottom left you will see (+) and (-) signs, go to the one beside them the circle with the(...) inside it, click on the drop down list and select REST ACCOUNT

    Kr,

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments