Outlook MacOS - Downloading Attachments from the Server (Nonfunctional)

Anonymous
2024-05-11T10:01:53+00:00

Good day,

I'm reaching out for help with an ongoing issue I'm experiencing with my email accounts on Outlook. Two days ago, all of my accounts suddenly stopped being able to send or receive emails. This issue appeared out of nowhere and has since become a constant problem.

I've tried removing and re-adding the accounts, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Now, my emails won't fully load, and I consistently see a "Downloading Attachments from Server..." message in the reading pane that never progresses. Additionally, the email previews are not showing up.
I have also deleted Outlook entirely and re-installed it but that also did not work.

Interestingly, these email accounts work perfectly on other mail clients like Mail on Mac and RoundCube. In Outlook, however, emails are not sent or received, and test emails remain stuck in the Outbox.

Please note, these are IMAP email accounts.

I have already reached out to the domain hosting providers, but they were unable to assist. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve it, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I tried to attach a screenshot, but it seems as if everything is broken because the file fails to upload.

Kind regards,

D

System Information:

Macbook Air M1

MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Office 365
Outlook Downloaded from App Store

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-12T04:20:05+00:00

    Do any messages load?

    Did you try making a new profile? Microsoft has instructions in this article - https://support.microsoft.com/office/manage-profiles-or-identities-in-outlook-for-mac-fed2a955-74df-4a24-bef6-78a426958c4c

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-11T14:41:24+00:00

    Good day Diane,

    I hope this message finds you in good spirits.

    Yes all the accounts are IMAP. Pure IMAP.

    I checked with all of the domain service providers and they are up and running.

    However, when I add them to the Outlook on my Mac none of them are working.

    I have added them on the Mail application which comes with Apple products and they send and receive emails on that with no trouble.

    Only when I try to add/use them on Outlook it does not work.

    I have also verified that the Mail Settings of the IMAP accounts are correct.
    It really seems as if my Outlook refuses to connect to the server to which the domains are pointing.

    If you need any other information. Please ask as I will gladly share what I can in order for you to assist me.

    Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-11T14:24:01+00:00

    Hi, I'm Diane and I'm happy to help you today.

    Are the accounts added as Microsoft cloud accounts or as pure IMAP? Check in tools > accounts. If you see the server names, it is IMAP. If you don't see the server names, remove the account and if asked if you want to remove it from all devices, say yes. Add it back and slide on the option to add it as IMAP.

    Let me know how it goes, I'm here to help you further if needed.

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments