Outlook MacOS - Downloading Attachments from the Server (Nonfunctional)

Anonymous
2024-05-11T10:01:53+00:00

Good day,

I'm reaching out for help with an ongoing issue I'm experiencing with my email accounts on Outlook. Two days ago, all of my accounts suddenly stopped being able to send or receive emails. This issue appeared out of nowhere and has since become a constant problem.

I've tried removing and re-adding the accounts, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Now, my emails won't fully load, and I consistently see a "Downloading Attachments from Server..." message in the reading pane that never progresses. Additionally, the email previews are not showing up.
I have also deleted Outlook entirely and re-installed it but that also did not work.

Interestingly, these email accounts work perfectly on other mail clients like Mail on Mac and RoundCube. In Outlook, however, emails are not sent or received, and test emails remain stuck in the Outbox.

Please note, these are IMAP email accounts.

I have already reached out to the domain hosting providers, but they were unable to assist. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve it, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I tried to attach a screenshot, but it seems as if everything is broken because the file fails to upload.

Kind regards,

D

System Information:

Macbook Air M1

MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Office 365
Outlook Downloaded from App Store

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T07:22:16+00:00

    Can anyone help with changing back to legacy? How do I do it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T01:39:09+00:00

    No, and I don't expect they will. I think we all have to just sit and wait until they decide to fix it in an update. I have reverted back to Legacy Outlook yet again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T20:44:07+00:00

    Hello Diane,

    I am having the same issue with my IMAP accounts. I tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.

    I use Outlook 16.90.3 on MacOS Sequoia 15.1

    The only way I found to fix this is to go back to Outlook Legacy. Which is not the end of the world. But I really appreciated some of the updates on the new Outlook.

    Will Microsoft fix this?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more