Outlook MacOS - Downloading Attachments from the Server (Nonfunctional)

Anonymous
2024-05-11T10:01:53+00:00

Good day,

I'm reaching out for help with an ongoing issue I'm experiencing with my email accounts on Outlook. Two days ago, all of my accounts suddenly stopped being able to send or receive emails. This issue appeared out of nowhere and has since become a constant problem.

I've tried removing and re-adding the accounts, but this hasn't resolved the issue. Now, my emails won't fully load, and I consistently see a "Downloading Attachments from Server..." message in the reading pane that never progresses. Additionally, the email previews are not showing up.
I have also deleted Outlook entirely and re-installed it but that also did not work.

Interestingly, these email accounts work perfectly on other mail clients like Mail on Mac and RoundCube. In Outlook, however, emails are not sent or received, and test emails remain stuck in the Outbox.

Please note, these are IMAP email accounts.

I have already reached out to the domain hosting providers, but they were unable to assist. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has any suggestions on how to resolve it, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, I tried to attach a screenshot, but it seems as if everything is broken because the file fails to upload.

Kind regards,

D

System Information:

Macbook Air M1

MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1
Office 365
Outlook Downloaded from App Store

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T13:25:06+00:00

    Same issues! It started with failure sending mails, stuck in outgoing. And no the issue is complete with the 'Downloading attachments from server...' error.

    At this point the Outlook app is complete useless and unusable.... screaming for help :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T14:05:48+00:00

    I agree with you. I have three work emails on Outlook and none are working. Totally unacceptable and I don't know what to do about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T14:04:44+00:00

    I am having the same issue and none of the suggestions on this thread are working. My three Outlook accounts are all IMAP. I've tried deleting, reinstalling, creating new profiles etc etc. Please can somebody tell me how to get Outlook to work properly?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-11T01:32:48+00:00

    Diane,

    This is not resolved. How do we fix this situation. Read the threads as it has happened again in November

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T11:13:38+00:00

    I have the same issues; Mails in outbox, they doesn't send. And downloading attachments from server....

    How can I fix this?

    Deleting account en putting back into it, doesn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments