App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T21:18:41+00:00

    Thanks Sean,
    But should we really have to alter the registry for them to stop doing this. It has now removed my mail from the taskbar, replaced it with a pinned new outlook, and uninstalled mail & calendars from my computer. Probably because I uninstalled new outlook 20 times!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-12T21:27:29+00:00

    For the time being, you can temporarily bring Mail back by going to Settings > General > About Outlook and clicking the Open Mail now button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T21:41:24+00:00

    No you shouldn't have to, but sometimes that is the only way to stop Mr Softy from running roughshod. Only other option is find something else. That is next on my list when the time comes. I am looking at Thunderbird to replace my full purchased desktop Outlook that i have been using forever before they started trying to drive this stripped down piece of **** web-ware down our throats instead of a local installed client.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-13T04:35:35+00:00

    Tried this. Removed all the registry entries listed there, it didn't do anything. Restarted the computer, as soon as I started Mail, it changed it into Outlook.

    Is there some other way to stop it doing this? Can I make the folder it installs to read-only?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments