App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T17:22:44+00:00

    I'm having an issue with this too.

    The new Outlook, which I have NO interest in, automatically installed itself. I looked around online, and found that if I uninstalled it, I could go back to using Mail with no difficulty. I've been using Mail in this way for some time now.

    Today, I went to open Mail and found the new Outlook had installed itself. I specifically have NOT clicked on any buttons saying to try the new Outlook, but it's installing the damn thing anyway. How do I stop it doing this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T19:32:03+00:00

    Today the dreaded Outlook downloaded itself without my permission. I do not want it. It is too complicated, too many adverts and I only want to email that is all. So 2 weeks ago I updated to Windows 11 and this horrible mail came with it. I tried it, I got really confused with it, I do not like the adverts and do not wish to pay not to have them. So I removed it from Windows 11 and went back to my Mail app I had on Windows 10. It is not fine as it was as it has got mixed up with some of the Outlook so I have daily a list of spam in my spam folder which I have to delete.. However this is BETTER than navigating Outook again.

    It has been fine until today. I have removed it twice to return to MAIL but it keeps returning in a few hours. The third time i did it and tried to put my lovely MAIL App back on the task bar that came instead!!!

    I repeat I DO NOY WISH TO USE OUTLOOK please give me a simple solution to get rid of it for EVER!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T20:13:21+00:00

    Rajmin

    Know this... The app project lead doesn't care that we all hate this, 'you will get it'. You should start looking for a non-ms alternative because it is the only way it will stop downgrading to "new outlook" which is designed to force everything to outlook.com and let them monetize you emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-08T23:18:53+00:00

    There is no way to prevent it from returning if deleted. It will eventually replace the WIndows 10/11 Mial and Calendar app. For the time being, you can temporarily bring Mail back by going to Settings > General > About Outlook and clicking the Open Mail now button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments