App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T20:31:00+00:00

    Have you tried to block via registry?

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Preferencesand setUseNewOutlook` to 0.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T20:53:35+00:00

    There is no "Use New Outlook" line in the registry in that location you specified.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-14T21:13:54+00:00

    Please have a look at this support article, it should help:

    Toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T21:17:55+00:00

    then you will have to create a new dword32 and set it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments