App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-05T16:02:39+00:00

    Why isn't MS adding to the conversation, and helping? They are silent. How do we stop Outlook New from constantly and repeatedly installing? I have uninstalled it every time it installs. Sometimes multiple times a day. As fast as I uninstall it, it reinstalls itself. Outlook New is awful. It is not ready for prime time. Why is MS forcing this on us, and constantly installing it, as fast as we uninstall it? Has NS not gotten the idea that we do not want it? It really screws things up, especially at sites with multiple computers on a network. Is there not a way to STOP Outlook New from repeatedly installing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments