App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T17:22:44+00:00

    I'm having an issue with this too.

    The new Outlook, which I have NO interest in, automatically installed itself. I looked around online, and found that if I uninstalled it, I could go back to using Mail with no difficulty. I've been using Mail in this way for some time now.

    Today, I went to open Mail and found the new Outlook had installed itself. I specifically have NOT clicked on any buttons saying to try the new Outlook, but it's installing the damn thing anyway. How do I stop it doing this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-07T19:09:06+00:00

    Weird Microsoft installs the new Outlook application but still keeps in place the Mail and Calendar app? Can you confuse users anymore Microsoft?

    I got the app originally on a new laptop I uninstalled it and then when the OS updated to a new release version I got it installed again!

    It's not that big of a effort to uninstall again, but I really should not have to on a basic Windows 11 upgrade that apparently does not respect my current app configuration.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T20:39:06+00:00

    You will need to create it. They are not going to make it that easy :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-28T18:56:26+00:00

    Please have a look at this article, it may help:

    Use Classic Outlook, not New Outlook (slipstick.com)

    This is only about having the "old" Outlook hiding the "use new Outlook" toggle.

    I have this registry entry already set. Has nothing to do with the new Outlook getting auto-installed over and over again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments