App called Outlook(new) is automatically installed despite I uninstall it.

Anonymous
2023-12-21T16:16:59+00:00

I'm a windows 11 user. Few days ago, I saw another outlook app which shows in the start as Outlook(new). I uninstalled it because I have the outlook in my office package, but few days later, it was again installed. I scanned that folder but there is no malware detected. What is this? And why is it installing again after I uninstall it? Is it a malware? Or a legitimate software? Pls advise ASAP.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-21T17:56:16+00:00

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting on the forum today. I’m Bambi, a user like you and I’ll be happy to assist you.

I believe you are referring to the new Outlook. Please see link for reference https://support.microsoft.com/office/656bb8d9-5a60-49b2-a98b-ba7822bc7627

This is set to replace the mail app, it may explain why it downloads itself. You could try using it and see if you like it first before you decide against using it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best Regards, Bambi

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T21:18:41+00:00

    Thanks Sean,
    But should we really have to alter the registry for them to stop doing this. It has now removed my mail from the taskbar, replaced it with a pinned new outlook, and uninstalled mail & calendars from my computer. Probably because I uninstalled new outlook 20 times!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T16:15:17+00:00

    If you are comfortable making registry changes you might check out this post, 3/4 of the way down there are a couple of key suggestions for outlooknew and developer suite. You might try those two outlook suggestions he has. I know i made it stop a long time ago, maybe this was how

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/17toy5k/prevent_automatic_installation_of_outlook_and_dev/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T11:10:37+00:00

    We used it and that's why we don't want it !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T23:33:06+00:00

    Add me to the list of people who are pissed that Microsoft keeps putting Outlook on my computer. I tried it when it first came out with a nasty bug that deleted all of my contacts when I switched. I went back to Mail and Calendar, and as lacking as it is, it is much better than the "ad supported" Outlook. Now they are installing this automatically and replacing it on the taskbar as well. I have uninstalled 10 times. I went through attempts with Co-Pilot that tried like hell to get rid of it, too. I DON'T WANT IT. I will go to another email client altogether if they can't stop this sh*t. I have to have a gmail account for my android phone, so I may just go to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments